Coconut Cream Cake I
“An easy cake using a white cake mix, and moistened with a creamy coconut sauce. You may reduce the amount of sauce if you prefer, and it will still be delicious
8 Hrs 50 Min
Original Recipe Yield 1 – 9×13 inch pan
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, water and coconut flavoring. Beat for 2 minutes and pour into 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut cream with sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth. When cake comes out of the oven, poke holes into it in even rows using a large fork or chopsticks. Pour milk mixture over, allowing it to soak into the cake. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, whisk cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue whipping until stiff. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle top with flaked coconut