Bad breath or halitosis is not an uncommon condition. Regrettably, most people who offend in this respect are totally unaware of their problem.
The most obvious symptoms of bad breath are when you smell your own breath! Put a handkerchief on your palm and smell. If the smell is odorous, you have bad breath problem.
Halitosis or bad breath causes
Diseased gums, dental decompose
The most ordinary cause of bad breath (halitosis) is unhealthy gums. Dental decay at the roots of the teeth may result in sore in the gums with foul-smelling pus, giving an unpleasant odor to the breath. Even small holes in the teeth may give a place where germs can grow and release foul odors.
Conditions of nose, throat and Respiratory area
Other causes of bad breath are conditions of the nose, throat, respiratory area, or stomach which are connected with chronic infection or local upsets of one type or another, such as chronic tonsillitis, lung diseases like chronic bronchitis, chronic gastritis, and sinusitis which causes a release at the back of the throat. Many cases of bad breath, however, are caused by gastro-intestinal disorders, intestinal sluggishness and mainly by chronic constipation.
Home remedies for bad breath (Halitosis)
Halitosis treatment with Fenugreek: Home Remedy for Bad Breath
Amongst the many home remedies for halitosis, the use of fenugreek has proved most useful. A tea made from the seeds of this vegetable must be taken frequently for correcting the situation. This tea is made by putting one teaspoon of seeds in half a litre of cold water and permits it to simmer for fifteen minutes over a low flame. It must then be strained and used as tea. One of the well liked home remedies for bad breath.
Halitosis treatment with help of Avocado: Home Remedy for Bad Breath
Another effectual remedy for bad breath is avocado, which is far better to any mouth lotion or remedies for this state. It efficiently removes intestinal putrefaction or decay which is one of the most important causes of bad breath.
Halitosis treatment with Guava: Home Remedy for Bad Breath
Fresh guava is helpful in halitosis. It is source of tannic, malic, oxalic, and phosphoric acids as well as calcium, oxalate, and manganese. Chewing it is an outstanding tonic for the teeth and gums. It helps cure bleeding from gums and discontinues bad breath. Munching or chewing tender leaves of guava tree also stops bleeding from gums and bad breath. One of the best home remedies for bad breath
Halitosis treatment with Parsley: Home Remedy for Bad Breath
Parsley is a precious Cure for bad breath. Two cups of water must be boiled and several twigs of parsley, coarsely cut, should be steeped in this water along with two or three whole cloves or a quarter teaspoon of ground cloves. This infusion should be stirred occasionally while cooling. It must then be strained and it can be used as a mouthwash or gargle many times in a day. One of the effective home remedies for bad breath
Halitosis treatment with Raw Juices: Home Remedy for Bad Breath
All fruit and vegetable juices are helpful in the treatment of halitosis or bad bretah and should be taken generously by those suffering from this disorder. Juices from green vegetables are particularly valuable.
A well proportionate diet
Patients suffering from halitosis must take a balanced diet comprising of seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables, and fruits, with more stress on raw and cooked vegetables, and fruits. In case of constipation, all actions should be adopted for its abolition. The patient should avoid foods, such as white sugar; white bread and foodstuffs made from them, as well as meat.
Other proposals for Halitosis
Other bad breath treatment
The teeth should be washed two times in a day, particularly before going to bed at night. Meat particles should be detached carefully with toothpicks. In case of decaying teeth and swollen and bleeding gums, advice of dentist should be taken. Chewing a raw apple or guava after lunch eliminates most of the trapped particles. The use of the twigs of the margosa (neem) tree as a toothbrush is the best technique of cleaning the teeth.
More Home Remedies for Bad Breath treatment are given below:
- Make use of chlorine dioxide toothpaste to heal your bad breath. The formula can address the problem of bacteria in your mouth. All you need is to use this frequently, at least three times in a day. This also is used when rinsing the mouth.
- Acquire a Tongue Scraper. People tend to undermine their tongue, focusing more on the teeth. Bacteria that cause bad breath can also flourish in the tongue. Thus, make sure you also get care of the tongue in attending to oral hygiene to cure your bad breath. A tongue scraper can help get clear of the residue left.
- Drink Water. Drinking enough water will assist wash down constantly the remains in your tongue and a big help to cure your bad breath. This is especially critical every time you take in food. So if you are out in the street taking a snack, make certain to drink lots of water. This way, even if you cannot brush your teeth at the instant, you can still maintain a good oral hygiene.
- Mixed baking soda by means of warm water and then water your mouth with this mixture.
- Dip baking soda on your toothbrush, and brush your teeth with that and then rinse with water. Baking soda is immense remedy for bad breath because it changes the pH in your mouth and makes it a less gracious environment for many bacteria in your mouth.
- For momentary relief especially after eat something that results bad breaths you can use breathe freshening gum or chew mint leaves.
- Mix half a lemon with warm water and then irrigate your mouth by the mixture. Lemon is very good at stimulating saliva and help to hold back the activity of some odor-causing enzymes.