With a sudden gain in weight fine lines are produced on the body and these lines are called stretch marks. During teenage years it is the normal thing that happens in many girls and boys. In the medical term it is called striae gravidarum.
Causes of stretch marks
- Increase in weight or weight loss
- Rapid growth particularly in adolescents
- Vary in physical conditions
Home Remedies for stretch marks
- Application of vitamin K cream is also helpful in the treatment of stretch marks. The foods enclose vitamin K can also be included in the diet and they are green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, liver and dairy products
- Applying lavender oil on the marks three times in a day will fade up the marks soon
- Application of Aloe Vera gel or vitamin E also benefits to cure stretch marks
- Application of Vaseline intensive care lotion on the stomach during pregnancy assists in the prevention of stretch marks
- Application of cocoa butter during pregnancy assists in the prevention of stretch marks.
- Eating fine amounts of seeds and nuts that contain zinc prevent stretch marks
- Regular exercises tone the muscles and keep them firm and help in avoiding stretch marks
- Massaging the body with aroma oil also decreases the probability of stretch marks
- Rubbing the area with apricot scrub fades the marks in a small duration