Yesterday my cousin brought me four glass of Aloe Vera drink. It tasted so cool in my throat. This drink is very refreshing with flavors of lychees and created with a box shape. It’s so great to be consumed in a hot day. After I finished my drink, I have an idea to write this plant through Hubpages. Even though I found many hubbers had wrote this plant but I want to write this with my style. I think most of us know this plant very well. Aloe Vera has known as a medical plant or master of healing plant. Even The International Aloe Science Council as a non-profit association of aloe growers, manufacturers and scientists said that aloe vera as a magical plant of this century. If people trusted their health, beauty and nutritional needs inside aloe vera for centuries. In some studies said that aloe vera was one of the most important beauty secrets of Queen Cleopatra. According to history, the ancient Egyptians had discovered the efficacy of this plant since 1500 BC. Because of the very enormous efficacy, the ancient Egyptians called this plant as “the plant of immortality”. These prickly plants are easily found in dry regions of Africa.
In the packaging of the aloe vera drink, it said that this plant has many benefits for our health, like:
- Increase metabolism
- Enhance the immune system
- Stabilize cholesterol levels in the blood
- Controlling blood pressure
- Slow down premature aging
- Strengthen skin cells and tissues
- Improving digestion
- Neutralize toxins in the body
- Stimulate the immune system to attack cancer
- Cure various diseases. Such as: sprue, constipation, ulcers, wounds, sore throats, acne, it can be used as a cure to various skin diseases, diabetes (a natural remedy in lowering blood sugar levels), ulcers, etc. The good news is aloe vera can be used as nutritional support for cancer, HIV/AIDS.
I believe that everything said above have been tested by several studies and researches. I am not joking if someone forbids us to consume aloe. But better if the Aloe should be cooked in advance or through the stages of the process to meet health standards.
Aloe vera nutrition
There are many useful nutrients inside aloe vera, like: vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B12, C, E), folid acid, Choline and inotisol. Other minerals consisting of: sodium, zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium, chromium. Some elements of vitamins and minerals forming a natural antioxidant, like vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, and zinc. In addition, fresh aloe vera contain enzyme which was needed by the body, namely amylase, cellulose, Carboxypeptidase, and catalase. A number of amino acids found in aloe vera, including asparagine, alanine, aspartat acid, valine, serine, threonine, lysine, glycine, hisudin, leucine, proline, glutamate, and isoleucine.
Nutrient content per 100 grams of aloe vera gels are 0.300 grams carbohydrate, 1750-2300 calories, 0.050 – 0.090 grams fat, 0.010 – 0.061 grams protein, 2.000 – 4.600 IU Vitamin A, 0.500 – 4.200 mg Vitamin C, 0.003 – 0.004 mg Thiamin, 0.01 – 0.04 mg Riboflavin, 0.038 – 0.040 mg Niacin, 9.920 – 10.920 mg Calcium, 0.060 – 0.320 mg Iron.
Beautiful with Aloe Vera
Great benefits of aloe vera is for beauty, while also useful for health after several deeper study had been done about nutritional content in these plants. Aloe vera is well known to make hair become soft. Perhaps these benefits we have heard since childhood, we often recommended using aloe vera for beautiful hair. That is why many shampoos that use aloe vera extract in their products. This benefit is derived from the content of glyco proteins. When you have this plant at home, you can use this by peeling the skin and then rub the aloe vera meat into the scalp and hair. If we do this regularly, I promise that our hair become fertile and beautiful as well. The main functions of aloe vera are to nourish hair, reduce dandruff, and reducing hair loss.
We can find Lignin substance inside this plant. This substance is useful to keep the skin moist, so the skin does not become dry and supple. Lignin is also useful for preventing the occurrence of skin allergies. Coupled with the substance of amino acids and Anthraquinone that will be very useful to helps the skin to renew itself immediately and generate new cells, even to eliminate dead skin cells. Aloe vera’s meat also has similar acidity with humans and able to soak well into the body which is also contain Saponins that can serve as an anti-bacterial and anti fungal. Use aloe vera regularly to make your skin look healthy and beautiful glow. You can also use aloe vera as a face mask, because it also contains antioxidants that prevent premature aging.
Aloe Vera as herbal remedies
- Laryngitis: 1 stem aloe vera is washed and peeled. Cut into several pieces and then chopped or blended. Add 1 tablespoon of pure honey. Drink three times a day.
- Hemorrhoid: Take half of aloe vera stem and then discard the thorn from the skin, washed, and shredded. Give 1/2 cup of hot water and then wring it out. Add 2 tablespoons of honey. In warm condition, drink three times a day.
- Constipation: Take half of aloe vera stem , washed, and peeled. Cut into small pieces and brewed with half of cup of water. Give 1 tablespoon honey and then eaten two times a day.
- Diabetes: 2 stems aloe vera washed, discarded the thorn, cut into pieces. Boil in 3 cups of water, then strain. Drink three times daily after meals, each half glass.
- Lowering blood sugar levels: A large stem of aloe vera (approximately the size of your palm) was cleaned by peeling the skin and bones. Soak about 30 minutes in salt water. Squeeze a while and then rinse under running water (tap water). Boil 3 cups of water. Drink as much as half cups, 2 to 3 times a day.
- Hair fertilizer: 2 stems of aloe vera are washed and peeled. Rub the aloe’s meat on the scalp that had been washed at noon. Wrap in a cloth. For the next day the hair is rinsed. Do it every day for 3 months.
- Cough: 20 grams of aloe vera stems are washed, peeled, cut into pieces. Add 2 tablespoons of pure honey. Drink two times a day. Repeat for 10 days.
Aloe vera in Industry
Aloe vera as an agriculture commodity is needed by many people in the world, but the material stock is not supporting the manufacturing industries. My country has a very potential territory to develop aloe vera’s agri-business, so this is a chance for developing the territory economic and people. The use of aloe vera plants in the industry are divided into four types, namely:
- Manufacture of food, as food additives (food supplements), product are directly consumed with various flavor.
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. They use aloe vera as anti-inflammatory, anti oxidant, laxative, anti-microbial and molusisidal, anti-cancer, immunomodulator and hepatoprotector.
- Cosmetic industry. They use aloe vera as raw material for lotions, creams, lipsticks, shampoos and conditioners.
- Agricultural industry, as a fertilizer, hydroponic supplements, supplements for tissue culture media and additive nutritional for animal feed.
- Agricultural industry, as a fertilizer, hydroponic supplements, supplements for tissue culture media and nutritional content of an animal feed.
Aloe vera plants as raw materials are quite large in the industry because its components are fairly complete and useful. The component is present in the jelly-like fluid and yellowish fluid. Clear liquid like a jely is obtained by splitting stems of aloe vera. This jelly contains anti-bacterial and anti fungal that can stimulate the fibroblast skin cells and has function to heal wounds. In addition to both substances, aloe vera gel also contains salicylate, a substance as pain reducer, and anti-inflammatory which was usually found in aspirin. At this time the center of the development of aloe vera can be found in Southern Africa, namely: Eritrea, Ethiopia and Northern Somalia. Currently the countries that have been cultivated commercially aloe vera plant are United States, Mexico, the Caribbean, Israel, Australia and Thailand.
Aloe vera product
Aloe Vera Juice
Actually there are over 200 types of aloe in the world. But the most important in terms of aloe vera juice benefits for human health is came from the pure gel of Aloe Barbadensis Miller, it was known as Aloe Vera. Health products that can be made from the aloe vera is aloe vera juice. Fresh and made from 100% pure aloe vera gel, they are the highest quality in aloe vera health and beauty in the world. We can enjoy aloe vera juice daily and get the benefit by drinking this healthy juice. We can take alone or mixed with fruit or vegetable juice, these aloe vera juices are among the best nutrition available. Aloe vera juice is packed with vitamins, enzymes, mineral, and natural properties that support a healthy immune system, bowels, digestion and more. The benefit by consume aloe vera juice, like: cleanse digestive system, give a natural energy boost, helps the hydration of skin, encourage skin cell renewal, support your immune system, soothe and pamper our skin.
Aloe vera drink
– 4 stems of aloe vera, approximately 1 Kg
– 1/4 kg sugar
– 3 cloves
– 1 tablespoon of Lime Stone Paste/ Slaked Lime
– 2 pieces of lemon, squeeze the water grab.
– 1 cinnamon stick
– Peel the stem of aloe vera, cut aloe vera into pieces with the size of 1 cm (dice form), put in the immersion water let stand for 30 minutes to an hour, wash and drain. The immersion consists of 1 liter of water, Lime Stone Paste/ Slaked Lime and salt.
– Boil water, and boiled aloe vera meat for 10 minutes then remove from heat.
– Cook water with sugar, cloves and cinnamon, after boiling put aloe vera meat, cook briefly, lift and remove from the heat.
– Once cool, put lime juice.
– Prepare a glass, put ice cubes and lemon slices for garnish.
– Aloe vera drink ready to be enjoyed.
Aloe vera jam
We can make aloe vera jam as a business. “Aloe vera jam” is the right choice. Aloe vera jam which is came from the material of high sugar yield and made from aloe vera meat porridge. Making aloe vera jam is not difficult, and the cost is not expensive. Here is a simple way to process aloe vera jam:
– 1 kg of meat of aloe vera.
– 500 grams of Sugar.
– 0.1% ascorbic acid (1 gram per liter of water) or 0.2% citric acid (2 grams per liter of water)
– 0.5% sodium benzoate (5 grams per 1 kg of aloe vera meat)
– 3 grams of jelly powder or ½ pack.
– Aloe vera which is already clean soaked in a solution of ascorbic acid for 15 minutes, then drained and crushed using a blender.
– Heated for a moment, then added sugar, citric acid, and jelly powder.
– Heated to boiling while stirring, then add the preservative (benzoate).
– If the gel has formed, heating was stopped and the foam on the surface of jam discarded.
– Jam is ready packaged in bottles.