ngredients (Makes: 5-6 rotis)
- 2 cups: Maize flour
- 1 fistful: Plain flour
- 1 tsp: Oil
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead
- Mix maize flour, oil and salt.
- Knead in a soft pliable dough, adding very little water at a time.
- When the dough is very smooth and soft, bread a lump.
- Shape into a ball, flatten and pat with palm, to make a thin roti.
- Use dry plain flour to help. Or roll with a rolling pin.
- Take care to dust with flour and lift and turn to avoid sticking.
- Place on a heavy iron or earthen griddle and roast till crisp.
- Repeat on both sides. Repeat for all rotis.
- Cover and line with napkins to keep warm.
- Drizzle with ghee or butter if desired.
- Serve hot with Sarson ka saag and slice of onion and lime.