Ugh…..how tiring the day was??? This is the common sentence said by at least one person out of five at the ending of stressful day and it is due to today’s hurry-scurry lifestyle of people. The stress of overall day comes out in terms of fatigue; there is a requirement of enough energy to fight against fatigue and to complete our daily activities. Many people turn on the energy drinks as well as other supplements to get rid from this fatigue, but this is not a right way. You can easily get rid from fatigue and energize your body by choosing certain foodstuffs in your diet, besides this energy supplements. Powering the body via proper diet is very similar to fueling the car with gasoline. When our body gets enough amounts of the right nutrients, it functions very well. So check out certain foods that can help to energize our body, and add them in your diet to avoid the fatigue easily.
Foods that Energize our Body
- I think every one had seen the Popeye cartoon in which Popeye is being super strong by eating spinach.
- This is absolutely right that spinach contains nutrients which can fight against fatigue and energize the body.
- It is an abundant source of nutrients like vitamin A, C, K and E, as well as magnesium, iron, calcium and folate.
- Magnesium is one of its nutrients, which maintains the energy level of body by working with enzymes of the body.
- It contains iron which is essential nutrient to provide enough oxygen to the cells of the body and vitamin C maintains the level of iron in our body.
- As well, spinach is loaded with minimum 13 different flavonoid compounds which act as antioxidants and as anticancer agents.
- One most important thing is that it is low in fat and calories.
- In addition, consumption of spinach can protect our body against arthritis, heart disease, colon cancer, osteoporosis and other diseases.
- It is very easy to digest one cup of yogurt as compared to other foods and it instantly provides protein and carbohydrates which are more capable to maintain the energy of the body.
- Yogurt is loaded with more nutrients than milk as it contains protein, vitamin D and calcium in high concentrations.
- As well, it is a good source of zinc, phosphorous, potassium, and probiotics which assist to boost the immune system.
- Yogurt can assist you with weight control and help you to maintain muscle mass.
- Keep plain low-fat yogurt in your refrigerator. When you want to consume it, you can flavor up it with peanut butter or honey, as well as you can add apple sauce, pineapple, cucumbers, berries or pecans.
- Barley is an abundant source of dietary fibers that can maintain energy for long period of time. Dietary fibers raise the level of sugar and this maintains the energy level.
- It is a good source of protein, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin B, which act as stress-reducing nutrients.
- Barley is not only good for heart, but it is also very helpful for digestive system.
- The whole grain provides more sustained energy than refined-flour toast.
- They act as an energy reserve and if your body does not utilize the energy at a time, then it will stock up to 400 calories of the excess as glycogen in the liver.
- Beans contain fibers, protein, as well as carbohydrate in abundance.
- They prevent the blood sugar from increasing and decreasing, and thus they maintain the level of energy in the body.
- Beans are packed with appropriate amounts of minerals like magnesium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, and iron. All these work to provide energy to the body.
- Lemon fruits and orange fruits are known as citrus fruits which contain vitamin C in very high amount.
- These fruits assist our body to produce a compound named carnitine which fundamentally transfers fat to our muscles so it can be utilized for energy.
- This permits our body to utilize fat for energy and thus allows our muscles for long time exercise without being fatigued.
- Add fresh lemon to your tea or drinking water, or squeeze out it over pasta salads and greens. Add orange slices in your salad plate or take it with your lunch.
- Despite of their small size, eggs are a house of abundant nutrition. Egg yolk is a very good source of protein to energize body and it contains choline which is important for memory processing.
- Eggs yolk also contains rich amounts of vitamins B2 and B12. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) is an antioxidant and it promotes healthy skin. Vitamin B12 assists to produce RBCs and maintain homocysteine levels, which are an indicator for stroke and heart disease.
- Take an egg; boil it and sprinkle it over your salad or you can mix up eggs with lightly fried veggies.
- Strawberries are packed with vitamin C and antioxidants in high amount.
- Strawberries are very rich source of fiber as well they are loaded with more vitamin than an orange. Eating of just one cup strawberries can maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- As well, Strawberries can remove harmful toxin from the blood, and clean out tartar from teeth, as well as strengthen the gum.