Home Remedies for Asthma
Asthma is an allergic condition resulting from the reaction of the body to one or more allergens. It is the most troublesome of respiratory diseases. A person suffering from asthma gets frequent attacks of breathlessness which leads to coughing, wheezing, difficult to breathe and trouble sleeping. Asthma is a life threatening disease and should be treated carefully.
Symptoms of Asthma
Following are the major asthma symptoms:
1. Coughing and wheezing
2. Shortness of breath
3. Chest tightness
Causes of Asthma
Following are the major asthma causes:
1. Allergy from particular weather condition
2. Allergy from some specific food, drugs and perfumes
3. Allergies to dust
4. Air pollution
5. Respiratory infections
6. Presence of sulfites in food
Natural Home Remedies for Asthma
Following are some of the effective home remedies for asthma:
1. Take a steam inhalation of eucalyptus or lavender essential oils just during an attack and immediately afterwards to ease panic and help open airways. It is very common natural cure for asthma.
2. Mix one tsp fresh ginger juice with a cup of fenugreek decoction and honey. This mixture is very effective home remedy for asthma.
3. Make a glass of juice by adding 2/3 glass of carrot juice and 1/3 glass of spinach juice. Take it thrice a day for asthma relief.
4. Make a mixture of 1/4 cup of onion juice, 1 teaspoon honey and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. It gives immediate relief from congestion and alleviate breathlessness.
5. Boil 8-10 cloves of garlic in ½ cup of milk and drink it at night. It is beneficial for early stages of asthma.
6. Add 1 tsp of honey in very hot water and sip slowly before sleeping to remove phlegm from the throat. It is also good home remedy for asthma.
7. In 1 cup of water soak 1 tspn of Fenugreek seeds overnight. Strain it and add 1 tspn of Ginger juice and 1 tspn of honey to this solution. Drink it every morning and evening.
8. Mix mustard oil with little camphor and massage it over the chest. This will loosen up phlegm and help in breathing.