- 2 cups peas boiled
- 1 large carrot chopped and boiled
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1/4 cup malai (cream)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 small sweet lime
- 1 small apple
- 1 banana
- 2 slices pineapple
- 10-15 cashew nuts
- 20 raisins
- 2 glaced cherries for decoration
- 1 tbsp. coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. khuskhus (poppy seeds)
- 1 tsp. cardamoms
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup coconut shredded
- 3 green chillies
- Grind the dry and wet masalas separately.
- Chop all the fruit fine. Heat ghee and fry cashews, drain and keep aside.
- Add butter to ghee and heat, add the wet masala and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry masala and salt and fry 2 more minutes.
- Add the carrots and peas, mix together curd and cream and add to gravy.
- Allow to thicken a bit, add fruit, cashews and raisins and boil till the gravy is thick and the fat separates.
- Garnish with grated cheese ,coriander and chopped cherries.
- Serve hot with naan, roti or paratha.
Making time: 45 minutes
Makes for: 6
Shelf life: Best fresh