Cracked heels look very odd and leave bad impression. Many people having tough routines suffer from this problem. It usually happens in winter season but some people have cracked heels even in summer season. Mostly people with age more than 25 have this problem but age factor is not the real cause of this problem. Heels are cracked due to the following reasons:
- Excessive feet activity
- Dry skin
- Prolonged standing
- Hard floors
- Sandals with open backs
- Diabetes and different skin problems etc.
This problem can easily be get rid of by using the tips given below:
- Wear socks with closed backs shoes in routine days.
- If you have to work in prolonged standings, try to wear closed ends shoes and select soft and easy wearing shoes.
- Take some bearable hot water, add salt and Vaseline in this water and dip your feet in the mixture for half an hour and clean your heels with some rough stuffed cloth or a heel brush. Apply heels cream of Vaseline before going to sleep and leave the applied cream for whole night. You will feel better after some days.
- Healthy diet is also necessary to cure cracked heels. Take proper diet enriched with calcium that includes milk, yogurt, fruits, meat and vegetables etc.
- Apply mixture of glycerin and rose water on your heels for softer skin on daily basis.
- Take concentrated lemon juice and dip your heels in this juice for 15 minutes. Don’t worry if it hits your cracks as it is acidic but it will give your better results.
- Pure coconut oil is also very useful to cure cracked heels. It will give you soothing effects. You can also use creams that are manufactured with coconut oil.
- Take some pure honey and apply thick layer on cracked heels. It will also prove as a best remedy for you.