Coconut oil uses
1. Good for the skin. Coconut oil is great for dry or aging skin. Also great for sun exposed skin. Coconut oil helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkes and will not irritate the skin and can also help with skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
Mix together 2T unrefined cocconut oil, 1 T raw honey and 2 drops vanilla, peppermint or sweet orange essential oil. Use this on your face as a moisturizer or evening repair cream. This recipe can also be placed on the entire body. Enjoy!
2. Stress Relief. After a long day, massage a drop of coconut oil onto the forehead in a circular motion. The scent of coconuts is soothing to the mind and will help lower your stress level.
3. Digestion. Coconut oil contains saturated fats that have anti-bacterial properties. These properties will help control, parasites, and fungi that may cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat will also aid in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around.
4. Fitness. Coconut oil stimulates metabolism and improves thyroid function. These properties help to burn off fat and increase muscle growth.
5. Healing. To protect a scrape, place a small amount of oil on it. The oil will form a thin layer to protect it from bacteria and viruses. It will also help speed up the healing process in bruises.
6. Hair Care. Place coconut on the scalp for dandruff and on the hair to increase shine and moisture. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then wash it out.
7. Baking. Use cocnut oil in place of butter or shortening in your cake or cookie recipe. Coconut oil improves good cholesterol and reduces bad cholesterol and helps keep blood sugar levels stable.
8. In place of butter. Use coconut oil on your toast in the morning instead of butter. How about melting it on your vegetables in place of butter?