high exercises in this workout
1. Dumbbells swings – 50 reps.
This is total body exercise and is more effective with heavy dumbbell. I used 4 kg (9 pounds dumbbell). Open legs shoulder width, bring dumbbell between your legs, straight arms, bent knees (push hips back), straight back (don’t arch it or crunch it). Swings is perfect exercise to tone total body and in times you want short and effective workout, do swings until failure, but use heavy enough dumbbell.
2. Push up + lift straight leg – 5 reps
Push up is also whole body exercise and to make it thigh exercise, after push up lift straight leg, you will feel hamstrings and bun burn a lot. This is also exercise for chest, back, arms.
3. Side jumping lunge – 20 reps
I love this exercise because it smashes thighs and bun and because you jump it targets also core. This is again exercise for many muscles and it increases your heart rate and make it cardio exercise. One exercise, so many benefits for the body! Here is important to push hips back and try to go as low as possible. Don’t push knees forward and it is safe for knees.
4. Rope Jump – 100 jumps
You don’t need a rope, but if you have use it. To make it total body exercise, tighten arms, feel them very strong, like a stone! Don’t forget to move arms while jumping, you will thank me after that, cause this is good workout for arms too.
5. Bulgarian split squat – 10 reps each leg
I love the name of this thigh exercise, cause it has “Bulgarian” in the name, and I am Bulgarian but don’t know why they named this exercise like this. This is exercise mainly for Quadriceps femoris muscles (front thigh) but also for hamstrings (back of the thigh) too.
Important if you want to lose weight from thighs
Only exercises will not help you to lose weight from thighs, or at least it will take long time. If you eat more calories than you spend you will gain weight. You can gain weight even if you eat healthy. You need to watch your portions, there is no other way. If you don’t know what and how much to eat, check my diet plans, chose one (all are good and work) and follow it strictly.
1. What is Exercise ?
Exercise is a performance of any physical activity like walking, jogging, playing outdoor sports, a gym workout, yoga, etc; that leads to the development of physical fitness, better immune system and overall health of a human body.
Regular physical exercises ( both aerobic and anaerobic ) not only helps us in prevention of diseases but overall benefits us a lot in many ways that lead to a higher life expectancy and quality healthy living standards.
Below I’ve highlighted some of the major Health Benefits of Exercise.
2. Top 50 Health Benefits Of Exercise
1. Improves blood circulation and nourish nervous system.
2. Sweat helps remove toxins.
3. Skin becomes shinier and acne pimples free.
4. Feels fresh, look younger and beautiful.
5. Burn calories.
6. Increases metabolism.
7. Lowers excess body fat.
8. Easily loose weight.
9. Prevent gaining weight.
10. Get toned, slim and shaped body.
11. Increases endurance and stamina.
12. Relieves stress.
13. Fight anxiety levels.
14. Alleviate Depression.
15. Helps you sleep better.
16. Improves immune system.
17. Prevents headaches.
18. Helps you get stronger and muscular.
19. Feel energized and fresh.
20. No more starving yourself.
21. Enjoy various foods without gaining weight.
22. Prevents injuries.
23. Reduce lower-back pain.
24. Strengthen joints and build thicker bones
25. Alleviate PMS.
26. Boost balance and coordination.
27. Improves posture.
28. Increases and maintains flexibility.
29. Improves cardio and avoid strokes.
30. Lower or controls Blood Pressure.
31. Reduce total Cholesterol.
32. Reduce circulating levels of triglycerides.
33. Reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s.
34. Reduce the risk of cancer.
35. Reduce the risk of heart disease.
36. Reduce the risk of colon cancer.
37. Reduce the risk of breast cancer.
38. Increase insulin sensitivity and prevent adult onset diabetes (type II diabetes).
39. Increase or maintain your bone mineral density to prevent osteoporosis.
40. Higher life expectancy and living quality life.
41. Set a good example for others (your kids, relatives, friends)
42. Quit smoking easily without any trouble.
43. Live an independent lifestyle as you age.
44. Reduces some of the effects of aging.
45. Increase your pain resistance.
46. Increases Endomorphins ( A natural occurring pain-killer ).
47. Organise and participate in fund raising walks/runs without a problem.
48. Be the one everyone wishes they looked like.
49. Receive compliments on a regular basis.
50. Increase concentration, remain well-alert and keep brain working even better.
3. What is an Aerobic Exercise ?
Aerobic exercise is the type that moves large muscle groups and causes you to breathe more deeply and your heart to work harder to pump blood. It’s also called cardiovascular exercise. It improves the health of your heart and lungs.
Examples include walking, jogging, running, aerobic dance, bicycling, rowing, swimming and cross-country skiing.
4. Health Benefits Of Aerobic Exercise
1. Increased maximal oxygen consumption (VO2max).
2. Improvement in cardiovascular/cardio respiratory function (heart and lungs).
3. Increased maximal cardiac output (amount of blood pumped every minute).
4. Increased maximal stroke volume (amount of blood pumped with each beat).
5. Increased blood volume and ability to carry oxygen.
6. Reduced workload on the heart (myocardial oxygen consumption) for any given submaximal exercise intensity.
7. Increased blood supply to muscles and ability to use oxygen.
8. Lower heart rate and blood pressure at any level of submaximal exercise.
9. Increased threshold for lactic acid accumulation.
10.Lower resting systolic and diastolic blood pressure in people with high blood pressure.
11.Increased HDL Cholesterol (the good cholesterol).
12.Decreased blood triglycerides.
13.Reduced body fat and improved weight control.
14.Improved glucose tolerance and reduced insulin resistance.
5. What is an Anaerobic Exercise ?
Anerobic exercise is basically a resistance exercise using weights and other heavy gym instruments. It improves the muscular structure of the body and is better than aerobic exercise. Professional bodybuilder usually do anaerobic exercise.
Example: resistance gym instrument workout, using dumbbells, etc.
6. Health Benefits Of Anaerobic Exercise
1. Increased muscular strength
2. Increased strength of tendons and ligaments
3. Potentially improves flexibility (range of motion of joints)
4. Reduced body fat and increased lean body mass (muscle mass)
5. Potentially decreases resting systolic and diastolic blood pressure
6. Positive changes in blood cholesterol
7. Improved glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity
8. Improved strength, balance, and functional ability in older adults.
8. My Personal Real-Life Experience
Regular exercise helped me to…
1. Improve my vision by reducing glasses number from -4.0 to -2.5
2. Improve my food absorption and digestion power.
3. Minimize my hairfall.
4. Get rid of acne / pimples and other skin problems.
5. Gain weight and muscular size.
6. Get rid of stress and headaches.
7. Gain stamina and self-confidence.
8. Indirectly helped me in my studies.
9. Overcome regular fatigue.
10.Become more energetic than I was earlier.
11.Enjoy quality of life.
9. Final Words
“If you exercise regularly you’re far more enjoying a
better quality life.”
“If you don’t, then please try reading again above exercise benefits.”
“Ask yourself, Isn’t a healthier life much more better ?”
“Many people consider exercise as waste of time let me
remind them it’s rather good investment of time.”
“So if you still don’t feel like exercising, then please think again…”
Always wishing you and your dear ones a happier and healthier loving life forever.
Yours Sincerely, Gaurav Akrani