Dark Underarms Skin Care Tips – Natural Skin Cleansing And Bleaching
How To Cure Dark Underarms
You look great and your skin is radiant, but you raise your arms and your underarms tell a whole new story. They are dark, rough, and not so pleasant; they even restrict you from wearing those gorgeous halters, racer backs, or even plain sleeveless tops. But you are not alone. There are many young and old women who suffer from this problem and don’t know how to deal with it.
Before treating the dark skin of the underarms, it is imperative to understand the reasons behind it. The primary reasons for darkened skin are friction and uric acid built up due to perspiration. Amongst the other reasons, obesity, shaving underarm hair and excessive use of antiperspirants and deodorants are the most common reasons for hyper-pigmentation. It is best to use these chemical based products sparingly. Instead any good talc can work effectively.
To start with treating dark underarms, you must employ a good cleansing routine, which involves cleaning the grime, dust and uric acid deposit and exfoliating the dead cells in the region. This must be followed by topical application of ingredients, which have bleaching properties to lighten the dark skin.
Cleansing and Exfoliating:
- A paste of gram flour, turmeric and milk is very effective substitute for soap. Alternatively, a mild soap which helps retain moisture and cleans well can be used.
- Coarsely powdered almonds mixed with milk make a good scrub. Almonds have vital nutrients, which are good for the skin and milk keeps the skin soft.
- Granulated sugar is also effective in exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Lime juice is one of the best bleaching agents. Mix it with honey and turmeric and you have an instant bleaching pack. Or you can simply dab it on the face with cotton before stepping out in the sun.
- Papaya contains papain, which also helps lighten dark skin. Rub a papaya slice twice a day and keep it for 20 minutes before washing off.
- Raw milk contains lactic acid, which acts as a skin peel and removes old surface epidermal skin cells to reveal the younger layer.
- Dryness is also known to darken the skin. Pamper your underarms with the goodness of cocoa butter. It is a great moisturizer and helps keep the skin soft. Additionally it is also very effective in lightening the skin.
- In addition to the above regimen, one must take care so as to avoid wearing synthetic clothing. Rather opt for natural fibers such as cotton, flax, bamboo which allow the skin to breathe and keep it cool and dry.