Tips and Tricks to Use in Your Kitchen
- To avoid teary eyes when you chop the onion, put a piece of the outer skin of the onion on your forehead before you start cutting. Another option is to put a dish with water next to you and rinse the knife every time you make a cut. Yet another solution is to put the onion in the freezer for 20 minutes before you start cutting.
- If you cooked a meal and it is too salty,cut a potato in half and drop it in with the food for 20 minutes. The potatoes will absorb the salt.
- To tell if an egg is fresh,put it in a glass of water. If the egg sinks, it is fresh. If it floats, it’s old.
- To avoid bad smells in the refrigerator, place an uncovered plate with coffee. Another option is to place an open box of baking soda.
- If you want the bananas or avocados to ripen faster, wrap them in newpaper.
- To unclog the sink, pour in some baking soda and vinegar, and let sit for several hours. If it is still clogged, try it two or three more times.
- For the guacamole not to turn black, sprinkle with lime and leave the avocado seed in it. Cover it with foil.
- For burned pots pour enough vinegar to cover the burned area, set to boil, and then rinse. It will look like new.