Apply ice cubes to your mild butt acne lesions. Hold the ice on the area for five minutes and repeat twice daily. This is particularly effective for preventing developing pimples rather than treating established ones. According to ”Reader’s Digest: 1,001 Home Remedies,” the intense cold of the ice cubes will restrict the blood flow to the pimple, thus reducing swelling and its reddish appearance.
Apply fresh lemon juice directly to your mild acne and massage in. Leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing off. ”Reader’s Digest: 1,001 Home Remedies” notes that lemon is high in natural acids, which help cleanse the pores of infections and bacteria, reducing the inflammation of pimples. It also has natural bleaching agents, which will help fade any scarring that may have occurred.
Cut a leaf from an aloe vera plant. Slit the leaf down its spine and open it up. Drain the yellow latex juice and remove the thick gel. Rinse under cold water before massaging into the butt area. According to GrannyMed, aloe acts as an anti-inflammatory and a natural antibiotic that will kill any present bacteria.
Take ibuprofen or aspirin for mild or severe butt acne. Take the recommended dose by the manufacturer up to four times a day. These painkillers act as anti-inflammatory drugs and will reduce the swelling of your acne lesions, notes ”Reader’s Digest: 1,001 Home Remedies.”
Apply a regimen of over-the-counter products for more severe butt acne. Acne.org recommends using a 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide solution followed by a 10 percent alpha hydroxy acid solution. Massage the benzoyl peroxide in first until totally absorbed. Wait five to 10 minutes before then doing the same with the alpha hydroxy acid. Do not rinse off.
The active compounds in Fenugreek have a stimulating effect on your pancreas, so that it secretes more insulin in order to help deal with the high glucose levels in your blood. On the other side of the same scenario, it also help your body cells to respond better to the insulin’s instructions by storing excess glucose so that you won’t have the thread of toxic high levels of glucose in your blood.
How To Use Fenugreek
– Fenugreek tea 1: Traditionally the seeds were collected, dried, crushed and then boiled in hot water where it stayed for 3 hours before drinking.
– Fenugreek tea 2: Soak 1 teaspoon of seeds over night. Use it the next day to make tea with. (Try to eat the seeds before, during or after drinking the tea.)
– Seeds can be used as a spice in food.
– Raw seeds (2-3g) can also be swallowed with warm water before a meal.
– Seed extract is available along with capsules (Capsules sometimes cause stomach upsets).
– Dosage: Consider your age and condition, talk to your doctor or herbalist and read the label on the bottle (Usually it is 10-15 g a day that you can spread out over different dosages or take once.)
The Science Behind Fenugreek Tea
Fenugreek contain the following active compounds:
– Alkaloids (gentianine, Trigonelline, Carpaine) that help with infection and gas.
– Sapogenins like Fenugreekine (which slows down the absorption of carbohydrates so that too much sugar will not be released into your system right after a meal.)
– Amino Acid (4 – Hydroxyisoleucine) which stimulate the pancreas, causing it to produce more insulin.
– Antioxidants (which inhibits free radicals responsible for cell damage as in the case where cells do not respond to insulin in order to absorb excess glucose from the blood)
– Fiber (help with cholesterol and slowing down the absorption of sugars from the stomach)
Possible side-effects that should go away after a couple of days are:
Fenugreek has been used as medication in India to induce a baby’s delivery, so it’s better not to use it when you are pregnant.
Fenugreek, with its maple syrupy taste, has been used to mask the taste of medicines.
– this can cause your urine to smell like maple syrup (not sure if that’s good or bad, but will surely be strange if you don’t know where it’s coming from).
– Kids drinking Fenugreek tea may have a maple syrup odor lingering around them.
– Not sure how safe it is for kids as a supplement.
– allergic reaction (swelling, sneezing and a runny nose)
– blood thinning (Talk to your doctor before you use it, might interfere with other meds)
– When taking it with diabetic meds, monitor your sugar levels more often.
If it is see – through,
its NOT Hijaab
You CANNOT Use Chiffon Or Other See Through Material To Cover Your Hair And Body. Everything Should Be Covered And The Color Of The Skin Underneath Should Not Be Visible.
The Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihe WaSallam) Once Received A Thick Garment As A Gift. He Gave it To Osamah b. Zayd, Who in Turn Gave it To His Wife. When Asked By The Prophet Why He Did Not Wear it, Osamah indicated That He Gave it To His Wife. The Prophet Then Said To Osamah “ Ask Her To Use A ” Gholalah” Under it (the garment) For I Fear That it (the Garment) May Describe The Size Of Her Bones.”
(The word gholalah in Arabic means a thick fabric worn under the dress to prevent it from describing the shape of the body).
The Hijaab shouldn’t
The Dress Should Not Be Such That it Attracts Men’s Attention To The Woman’s Beauty. Allaah Clearly States
” Not To Display Their Beauty (zeenah).”
Yet, Subhaan Allaah, Some Hijaabi Sisters Are Dressed in Such A Way That They Attract More Attention To Themselves Than They Would if They Didn’t Wear Hijaab !! How Could Such Zeenah Be Concealed if The Dress is Designed in A Way That it Attracts Men’s Eyes To The Woman ? It Beats The Purpose Of Hijaab.
Allaah Tells Us :
” And Stay in Your Houses, And Do Not Display Yourselves Like That Of The Times Of ignorance…”
Exercises for the Forehead and Eyes
Put both your index fingers right above your eyebrows, and try to simultaneously pull the eyes down and lift your brows. Hold this position for about five minutes or take a few seconds’ break between two rounds of this exercise done for about three minutes each. This will help firm your forehead, which in turn will make your face look more toned and slimmer. The eyes, the most important giveaway for the face, need to be worked out too. Relax, and close your eyes while sitting in a chair. With your eyes pressed shut, try to look downwards and upwards the farthest you possibly can for 15 minutes. Then, without opening your eyes, raise your brows, and draw the eyelids down the farthest you can, counting to 10. Relax and repeat this for about 10 minutes every day.
Exercises for the Lips and Cheeks
Put a finger inside your mouth and suck on it, with the maximum force you can muster. Count till 10, gently take the finger out and perform the routine for about 10 minutes. A daily workout of this kind will aid in making your lips less puffy and help tone down your face. Other exercises for face slimming include working out your cheeks. Put the fingers of your left hand, except the thumb and little finger, at 90 degrees with your left cheek. Toss your head backwards and thrust the cheek down and towards the inner mouth by applying force with your finger. At the same time, try to maintain the widest possible of all smiles. Repeat with the other cheek and hand. Do this routine for around 15 minutes every day to reduce fat from your cheeks.
Exercises for the Neck and Chin
One of the most important exercises for a thinner face is to throw your head back gradually the farthest you possibly can until you feel a pull on the neck muscles. Then, thrust your lower jaw to and fro, in alternate movements. Do this regimen five times every day to tone your neck muscles and make your face look slimmer. One more exercise for a thinner face is to tilt your head back, so you face the ceiling, while you sit in a straight-backed chair. Relax your lips, and gradually position your lower lip the farthest upwards you possibly can onto your upper lip. Count to 10 and stop, and repeat for about 10 minutes every day for making your neck area thinner. If you are worried about your double chin, sit in a straight-backed chair, toss your head backwards and look up straight at the ceiling, while pursing your lips close together. Holding your head in that position, round your lips and blow and count to 20. Gradually lower your head, relax and look straight ahead. Repeating this regimen for about five minutes every day will help you reduce the wobbliness of a double chin and make your face look thinner.
Tasting good is only one of the virtues of blueberries; though it is a small fruit and the age old saying of good things come in small packages, comes true as far as the propensities of blueberries go. Foods contain oxidants and blueberries have the propensity to ward off these oxidants, thereby keeping you fit and young. Incidentally, to know and measure the antioxidant level in any food is known as ORAC or oxygen radical absorbance capacity. The phytochemicals in blueberry helps to combat aging and the regular consumption of blueberries can reduce aging drastically. However, to get the best results it is advised to consume fresh blueberries.
Blueberry, is supposed to top the list of 20 fruits in ORAC ratings and it is called blueberry because of its color and the pigmentation is due to an agent called Anthocayanins. This agent is also responsible for the curative propensities of this fruit. This fruit can boost one’s memory and make the mind younger; alongside improving vision and combating cancer or carcinoma. People with blood sugar or diabetes are suggested to consume blueberry in juice form or whatever. Since, this fruit is good for the heart; it can reduce the cholesterol level in a person’s body and make the blood vessels strong.
This fruit is very good for people suffering from joint disorders’ such as arthritis etc, since it is a natural anti-inflammatory. Fresh blueberries help in combating ailments like cancer, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. The other benefit of the consumption of fresh blueberries is the rejuvenation of the urinary tract. The further deterioration of eye sight can be averted by the regular usage of fresh blueberries. There are untold benefits of this fruit and these days the benefits of this fruit are available in capsule form, because of its powdered version. Incidentally, the consumption of this fruit in any form is good in getting rid of obesity. However, firsthand experience is the best, so go ahead and try some blueberries and feel younger. One bit of information is that this fruit grows wild; however it could be cultivated also.
Fennel is one herb with is edible and perennial, even when it is raw and in the Indian vernacular it is called sauf; though its botanical name is Foeniculum vulgare and the resemblance is to dill. Incidentally, fennel seeds are found and sown in almost every part of the world, though; fennel benefits have been reaped by its originating countries like India, the Middle East and Pakistan for ages now. Contemporarily the largest grower of fennel is America, followed by Russia and France; the Greeks in ancient times connected fennel with Dionysus, who incidentally happened to be the God of feast and wine.
Fennel or fennel seeds are said to have vitalizing propensities and fennel benefits include the improving of vision and weight loss; though, over eating may lead to hallucinations and seizures. There are untold fennel benefits like it is abundant in Vitamins and Minerals. The bulb of the fennel plant is rich in Vitamin C and aids in the reduction of cholesterol, apart from detoxifying the system. Incidentally, fennel seeds are rich in potassium which reduces the chance of a stroke. It, is advised not to consume the fat of the fennel plant as it is toxic and can give rise to rashes, heaving and even nausea.
There are very may benefits of fennel and cuts and bruises can be treated by the extract of fennel seeds. Ailments like cellulitis, water retention, detoxification, obesity and ulcer of the mouth can be treated with fennel. There have authentic reports by people claiming that fennel benefits include relief from asthma and even bronchitis; however you would need to inhale the steam of fennel seeds for this. From time immemorial people in the Eastern hemisphere of the globe have chewed fennel seeds to give impetus to their digestion after a heavy meal. People in lesser towns use the fennel seed to rid children of worms. The imbibing of the mixture of fennel is good for the general wellbeing of the body. All you need to do is to grind a tsp of fennel seeds and mix it with water (no metal please), then boil the same and cool it; it is suggested to imbibe 2 or 3 cups of this decoction on a daily basis. Just to let you know that the pulverized version of the seeds of fennel keeps away fleas.
Grow Hair Faster Naturally
For centuries, long hair has been symbolic of beauty in women. However, not many people are blessed with thick, luxuriant hair. On top of that, an improper diet, underlying health conditions and certain hair treatments can also worsen the quality of your hair. Finally, add to this the fact that there is no such thing as a miracle cure or product that can suddenly make your hair grow longer, and faster. So is it impossible to grow hair faster naturally? Well, not really.
All that you need to speed up the growth of your hair is a change in your diet and lifestyle along with proper hair care and you can enjoy the crowning glory for years to come. So if you are wondering how to make your hair grow faster, here are some easy tips to help you on your way to a long shiny lustrous and healthy mane!
How to Make Hair Grow Faster Naturally
Improving Health of Hair EXTERNALLY
1. Hair Care Products
The right hair care products can make your hair thicker and luxuriant. The shampoos and conditioners you choose should be based on your hair type. Avoid the ones which have lots of chemicals and instead opt for natural, herbal shampoos and conditioners. This will prevent dryness of the scalp, dandruff and will even control hair fall. Natural, organic conditioners like coconut oil or olive oil can make hair grow faster naturally and do not have any side effects. A natural deep conditioning hair treatment can be made by mixing a cup of honey with half a cup of olive oil. Apply this mixture to your hair for thirty minutes and rinse off for healthy, long hair.
2. Head Massages
It is believed that stimulating and massaging the scalp is an effective way to naturally make the hair grow faster. A daily head massage for ten minutes improves the blood circulation in the scalp and increases the amount of blood that gets to the hair follicles. This not only strengthens the roots of the hair thus making it healthier and stronger, but is also an effective way to naturally grow hair. Herbal oils like almond oil, coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba oil are beneficial for faster hair growth.
It is easier to grow hair faster that is healthy. Avoid over-brushing and yanking your hair especially when it is wet. Also use minimal amounts of styling products such as hair gels. Since our scalp produces natural oils that protect the hair strands from drying up and getting damaged, It is best to wash your hair every other day instead of on a daily basis. This allows the natural scalp oils to build up thus preventing incessant hair loss. Avoid harmful hair tools like curling irons, blow dryers and flat irons. If you need to use a blow dryer, try to use it on a cooler setting or just let it dry naturally.
It is important to regularly trim your hair. Some of you might find this suggestion a little contrary – you want to grow your hair longer, not cut them short! however, hair tend to get damaged more at the tips. If you do not trim your hair from time to time, it might split at the ends. Split-ends are a nightmare! It is best to trim your hair every 3 months, so that they remain in good condition.
5. Scientific Combing
Do you know why hair gets oily when you don’t wash it? It is because of the oily substance called sebum that your scalp secretes. The function of sebum is to naturally oil your hair. However, in some people, sebum may not flow as freely as in other people. In such a case, combing your hair could cause the scalp to loosen up and the sebum to come out. Take a comb or hair brush and thoroughly brush your hair in the following manner: starting from the front, brush your hair from left to right, going back at every step till you reach the base of your head; then starting from the left ear, brush your hair backward to the base of your neck, going to the right at every step. Do this every night before you sleep, and see the difference!
Improving Health of Hair from WITHIN
1. Healthy Diet
A healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamin B12, iron, calcium and zinc will help your hair grow faster naturally. Include foods rich in proteins like fish, eggs, nuts, cheese and lentils to improve your overall health and encourage fast hair growth. The vitamins A, B, C, E and K which are vital for the general functioning of the body also gives it the fuel it needs for growing out short hair. Vitamin A is found in fruits and vegetables, like apricots, carrots, and sweet potatoes while vitamin B is present in nuts and greens. Most of the citrus fruits are a rich source of vitamin C while vitamin E is found in grains. Similarly, seafood is a rich source of Vitamin K. Read more on vitamins for hair growth.
2. Dietary Supplements
Certain dietary supplements like biotin vitamins, multivitamins, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) and Omega 3 can be added to your regular diet to grow hair faster naturally. It is believed that supplements of folic acid which is found in green leafy vegetables, beans, peas, sunflower seeds and some cereals can make your hair grow faster naturally.
3. Stress Reduction/Health Problems
Stress or rather any physical and mental turmoil is a major cause of irreversible hair loss and can also impede hair growth. You can try minimizing stress by relaxing, getting plenty of sleep, and participating in relation activities like meditation and yoga. Addressing underlying health issues such as nutritional deficiencies and hormonal problems like hypothyroidism which cause hair thinning can also help your hair grow faster.
- Using Hair Color: Yes, we all wish for something of ours to be different from what it actually is. I wish i had brown eyes instead of black, probably you wish you had brown hair instead on blonde. However, coloring your hair definitely damages your hair. Hair colors and dyes make use of strong chemicals that damage hair follicles. Avoid using them.
- Hair Treatments: Straightening curly or wavy hair is a trend that is fast catching up among girls and women alike. However, hair straightening is known to make the ends of hair split, and once your hair starts splitting, you know it is not going to grow as fast as it would have otherwise! Avoid such hair treatments.
- Certain Hair Accessories: The hair clutchers that are so commonly used these days in fact are a disaster, in terms of hair health! Using a hair clutcher on your hair is like having someone pull your hair and hold it in a particular way for the entire day! Make sure you choose hair accessories with care. If you must use a hair clutcher, opt for one that does not have too hard a grip. However, best option would be rubber-bands.
Home Remedies to Make Hair Grow Faster
If you do not want to spend too much on buying expensive hair-care products, or if you are looking or easy home remedies to make your hair grow faster, here are a few tips that might help you.
- Apply coconut milk on hair, leave it on for one hour and then wash it off. Follow this home remedy every week for best results.
- Make a paste of fenugreek seeds and apply it on the hair, leave for half an hour and then wash off.
- Take dried Rosemary herb and boil it in water for about fifteen minutes. Let the mixture cool and then apply on hair. Leave for ten minutes and then wash off. Follow this treatment twice a week for best results.
Remember the best way to make hair grow faster naturally is to stick to a good hair care routine and eat a balanced diet. Try avoiding harsh hair care products or going through a dramatic weight loss, as this can lead to hair loss and thinning of hair. Instead sticking to regular exercising, a healthier lifestyle and natural organic products can make hair grow faster naturally.
Have you ever thought of using olive oil for hair growth? If the answer to this question is no, this article will give you the advantages of using olive oil for hair growth and also the ways in which you can use it.
In today’s world, styling one’s hair with hair curlers, straighteners, colors, etc. has become a fashion statement. Though changing hair styles and using hair colors makes one feel stylish and chic, these hair styling products contain chemicals which are likely to degrade the quality of hair in long run. It is recommended that, while you indulge in experimenting with hair styles, it is important to take good care of the hair to stimulate healthy hair growth and for this, the best method is the natural method. Though there are several natural methods which one can use for maintaining healthy hair, olive oil for hair growth is said to be one of the best ways to promote growth of hair.
Is Olive Oil Good for Hair Growth?
Olive oil is used for cooking purposes all over the world because of the various health benefits that it offers. However, not many people know that there is a link between olive oil and hair growth. While it is said to be good for treating several skin ailments, olive oil is said to be the best cure for hair loss. There are several benefits of using olive oil for hair growth which are as follows:
- One of the best advantages of using olive oil for hair is that it helps in preventing as well as curing hair loss. Most people have hair loss because of the presence of a hormone called DTH which causes the hair follicle shaft to decrease. Applying olive oil to hair prevents the production of DTH hormones on the scalp, thus getting rid of the problem of hair loss.
- The presence of antioxidants in olive oil makes it an appropriate hair oil that promotes overall scalp health. The hair damage caused due to excessive use of chemical based hair products can be treated with the help of olive oil, thus giving room for growth of healthy hair.
- Apart from the fact that olive oil is an effective treatment for hair loss, it also acts as a natural conditioner for hair. In other words, applying olive oil on hair makes it shiny and soft.
- The antifungal and antibacterial properties of olive oil is a great way to get rid of problems like dandruff and head lice. Moreover, massaging your hair with a mixture of olive oil and lavender oil is very relaxing and acts as a great stress buster.
Olive Oil Hair Treatment
The best way of using olive oil for hair growth is by simply massaging your hair with it. Take half a cup of olive oil and mix some other type of oil with it, preferably coconut, sesame or castor oil. Pour some oil on your hair and massage gently with your fingertips on the scalp, gently moving downwards to the tips of the hair. Once this is done, cover your hair with a shower cap or may be a warm towel. After 30 minutes, wash your hair with a good shampoo and conditioner. Apart from the regular olive oil treatment, there are several other ways in which you can apply olive oil to your hair. There are a few olive oil hair treatmentrecipes that you can easily try at home. Some of them are:
- One way is to make a paste by mixing olive oil with cinnamon and honey. First, you have to heat the olive oil and then add some honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to it. Stir well to make a paste and then apply it to your hair. Leave it on your hair for fifteen minutes and then rinse it off with a shampoo.
- You can also make a conditioner with olive oil. Take ½ a cup of olive oil in a bowl and combine it with an egg yolk and some drops of lemon juice. Mix well and apply it on your hair. Allow the conditioner to stay on your hair for 15 minutes and then, rinse it off.
As you now know the benefits of using olive oil for hair growth, I hope that you will start using olive oil on a regular basis. One thing you have to remember is, there are different types of olive oil available in the market including extra virgin, virgin, pure and extra light. Among these types of olive oil, it is always best to choose extra virgin or virgin oil for hair treatment as the other two are made through chemical processing and some concentration of chemicals in them.