Grow Hair Faster Naturally
Wondering how to grow hair faster naturally? Well, here are some easy tips which can help you in obtaining those beautiful, long tresses that you always longed for.
For centuries, long hair has been symbolic of beauty in women. However, not many people are blessed with thick, luxuriant hair. On top of that, an improper diet, underlying health conditions and certain hair treatments can also worsen the quality of your hair. Finally, add to this the fact that there is no such thing as a miracle cure or product that can suddenly make your hair grow longer, and faster. So is it impossible to grow hair faster naturally? Well, not really.
All that you need to speed up the growth of your hair is a change in your diet and lifestyle along with proper hair care and you can enjoy the crowning glory for years to come. So if you are wondering how to make your hair grow faster, here are some easy tips to help you on your way to a long shiny lustrous and healthy mane!
How to Make Hair Grow Faster Naturally
Improving Health of Hair EXTERNALLY
1. Hair Care Products
The right hair care products can make your hair thicker and luxuriant. The shampoos and conditioners you choose should be based on your hair type. Avoid the ones which have lots of chemicals and instead opt for natural, herbal shampoos and conditioners. This will prevent dryness of the scalp, dandruff and will even control hair fall. Natural, organic conditioners like coconut oil or olive oil can make hair grow faster naturally and do not have any side effects. A natural deep conditioning hair treatment can be made by mixing a cup of honey with half a cup of olive oil. Apply this mixture to your hair for thirty minutes and rinse off for healthy, long hair.
2. Head Massages
It is believed that stimulating and massaging the scalp is an effective way to naturally make the hair grow faster. A daily head massage for ten minutes improves the blood circulation in the scalp and increases the amount of blood that gets to the hair follicles. This not only strengthens the roots of the hair thus making it healthier and stronger, but is also an effective way to naturally grow hair. Herbal oils like almond oil, coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba oil are beneficial for faster hair growth.
It is easier to grow hair faster that is healthy. Avoid over-brushing and yanking your hair especially when it is wet. Also use minimal amounts of styling products such as hair gels. Since our scalp produces natural oils that protect the hair strands from drying up and getting damaged, It is best to wash your hair every other day instead of on a daily basis. This allows the natural scalp oils to build up thus preventing incessant hair loss. Avoid harmful hair tools like curling irons, blow dryers and flat irons. If you need to use a blow dryer, try to use it on a cooler setting or just let it dry naturally.
It is important to regularly trim your hair. Some of you might find this suggestion a little contrary – you want to grow your hair longer, not cut them short! however, hair tend to get damaged more at the tips. If you do not trim your hair from time to time, it might split at the ends. Split-ends are a nightmare! It is best to trim your hair every 3 months, so that they remain in good condition.
5. Scientific Combing
Do you know why hair gets oily when you don’t wash it? It is because of the oily substance called sebum that your scalp secretes. The function of sebum is to naturally oil your hair. However, in some people, sebum may not flow as freely as in other people. In such a case, combing your hair could cause the scalp to loosen up and the sebum to come out. Take a comb or hair brush and thoroughly brush your hair in the following manner: starting from the front, brush your hair from left to right, going back at every step till you reach the base of your head; then starting from the left ear, brush your hair backward to the base of your neck, going to the right at every step. Do this every night before you sleep, and see the difference!
Improving Health of Hair from WITHIN
1. Healthy Diet
A healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamin B12, iron, calcium and zinc will help your hair grow faster naturally. Include foods rich in proteins like fish, eggs, nuts, cheese and lentils to improve your overall health and encourage fast hair growth. The vitamins A, B, C, E and K which are vital for the general functioning of the body also gives it the fuel it needs for growing out short hair. Vitamin A is found in fruits and vegetables, like apricots, carrots, and sweet potatoes while vitamin B is present in nuts and greens. Most of the citrus fruits are a rich source of vitamin C while vitamin E is found in grains. Similarly, seafood is a rich source of Vitamin K. Read more on vitamins for hair growth.
2. Dietary Supplements
Certain dietary supplements like biotin vitamins, multivitamins, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) and Omega 3 can be added to your regular diet to grow hair faster naturally. It is believed that supplements of folic acid which is found in green leafy vegetables, beans, peas, sunflower seeds and some cereals can make your hair grow faster naturally.
3. Stress Reduction/Health Problems
Stress or rather any physical and mental turmoil is a major cause of irreversible hair loss and can also impede hair growth. You can try minimizing stress by relaxing, getting plenty of sleep, and participating in relation activities like meditation and yoga. Addressing underlying health issues such as nutritional deficiencies and hormonal problems like hypothyroidism which cause hair thinning can also help your hair grow faster.
- Using Hair Color: Yes, we all wish for something of ours to be different from what it actually is. I wish i had brown eyes instead of black, probably you wish you had brown hair instead on blonde. However, coloring your hair definitely damages your hair. Hair colors and dyes make use of strong chemicals that damage hair follicles. Avoid using them.
- Hair Treatments: Straightening curly or wavy hair is a trend that is fast catching up among girls and women alike. However, hair straightening is known to make the ends of hair split, and once your hair starts splitting, you know it is not going to grow as fast as it would have otherwise! Avoid such hair treatments.
- Certain Hair Accessories: The hair clutchers that are so commonly used these days in fact are a disaster, in terms of hair health! Using a hair clutcher on your hair is like having someone pull your hair and hold it in a particular way for the entire day! Make sure you choose hair accessories with care. If you must use a hair clutcher, opt for one that does not have too hard a grip. However, best option would be rubber-bands.
Home Remedies to Make Hair Grow Faster
If you do not want to spend too much on buying expensive hair-care products, or if you are looking or easy home remedies to make your hair grow faster, here are a few tips that might help you.
- Apply coconut milk on hair, leave it on for one hour and then wash it off. Follow this home remedy every week for best results.
- Make a paste of fenugreek seeds and apply it on the hair, leave for half an hour and then wash off.
- Take dried Rosemary herb and boil it in water for about fifteen minutes. Let the mixture cool and then apply on hair. Leave for ten minutes and then wash off. Follow this treatment twice a week for best results.
Remember the best way to make hair grow faster naturally is to stick to a good hair care routine and eat a balanced diet. Try avoiding harsh hair care products or going through a dramatic weight loss, as this can lead to hair loss and thinning of hair. Instead sticking to regular exercising, a healthier lifestyle and natural organic products can make hair grow faster naturally.