- 1 teacup kabuli channas
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dhana-jira powder
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon amchur power
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon soda bi-carb
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- salt to taste
- Slices of tomatoes and ginger, chopped coriander and a few whole green chillies for decoration.
- Soak the channas for at least 6 hours
- Add ½ teaspoon of soda bi-carb and cook in a pressure cooker
- Cut the potatoes and tomatoes into big pieces
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the potatoes until soft
- Remove the potatoes. In the same ghee add the onions and cook for a little time.
- Add the dhana-jira and chilli powder and fry again.
- Add the boiled channas and salt.
- After 5 minutes, add the garam masala, amchur and black pepper powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander, chillies and slices of tomatoes and ginger.